Thursday, April 1, 2010

Making Sachets

I just found out a couple of days ago, that my duty as a godmother is to provide a little gift to all the baptism invitees.  So being the overachieving sewing machine that I would like to be I decided that instead of giving them something that will collect dust I would give them something that would smell good and most likely collect dust as well. So I came up with a modernesque dove. the body will be in a bright chick yellow fabric, and the wings and the top strip that will join the two body pieces will be in a deep pastel pink with light yellow circles.

While on my delightful trip to Munich I found dried lavander at the daily fresh market, that I will be using to fill the sachets. The size of the doves will be about 10 cm in length and around 4 cm in width...and I have to make 60 of them before May 17th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love a challenge.

I will post pictures of the prototype later today when I get a chance, because lately my little one has been a fussy one, and a cranky screaming one! Even though I love that he has a strong personality and a very defined notion of what he wants and when this mother gets tired of the awful looks and stares she gets whenever the little one is happily screaming in his stroller.
Any suggestions? Because I would be more than happy to receive any!

Ich habe vor wenigen Tagen herausgefunden dass ich ein Geschenk fuer die Taufe machen muss, weil ich die Taufpatin bin.
die reste spaeter.....

No comments:

Post a Comment