Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Landlust

Everytime I go to the grocery store I wander the magazine Isle wanting to find something exciting, and I finally found it. It is a magazine call Landlust. It is all about organic beauty really, gardening, harvesting, crops, wool, artisans, craftsmanship...The photography is breathtaking and has made me appreciate the small little village. I am even wanting to have a green thumb. I have always had the dream of having a farm where I can grow my own crops, milk my own cows, and grow my own wine. I can imagine my 40 year old self staring out the window of my art studio, breathing in the fresh (and also smelly) air that my farm land sends my way. I can imagine my self waking up at dawn, recharging my soul with the first rays of the morning Sun, greeting the animals, who I have all probably named (I would have sheep, chickens, and cows... none of which I would kill, only take from them what they give to me willingly with life) according to their personality.

Then after a day of sun, dirt, sweet, art, and joy I sit down at my outside table with a pitcher of homemade wine, and eat a delicious meal with my family. We listen to the nocturnal creatures as they sing us a lullaby, and reach out to the sweeping winds of life with out laughter and voice.....I love to dream

What is your dream?

No comments:

Post a Comment