Thursday, April 8, 2010

As promised, for any of you still reading this blog (are you reading? please say yes : D) here is a picture of a completed Sachet fly freely near my work space window. My little nook is quite sad I must say, maybe one of these days I will photograph it so that I can look back and see how sweet my little arch your back and don't bump your head while standing space used to be. I imagine my future self having this beautifully large and wonderfully lit room where I have my dream machine, roles of beautiful fabric, a cabinet fool of spools of thread (organized by color and categorized by brand) pin cushions dotted with different color pins, and my creations already tagged and waiting to go to the daily market to be met by FRIENDLY people (because they are sometimes hard to find anywhere in this world) and hopefully bought by them...I love to dream.

Today will probably be a sewing day, if the little one allows it. Even though my working nook is in the same room as his, just up the steep stares, he beings to scream and cry because I am not sitting with him while he plays. Mind you I can see him perfectly from where I sit and sew, and he can see be...but still he screams and screams until my thread breaks with my nerves and I storm down to tell him no and distract him....he is too smart, he knows my tricks and just looks at me with this look of  "Don't even try to go upstairs mama!"

Either way I have to sew, I only have maybe 4 completed birds that still need their stuffing and la, vender, and also I had the crazy idea to make my cousin Ale, who is pregnant, a little dragon for her future boy Mateo (isn't that a cute name!) Its a simple construction, but I need to finish that one by the 18th of this month....

On another note, I have been quite the adventurer. Since my mother has been here we have been going to thousands of places. We took her to Neushwanstein which is probably the most famous castle in Germany. Munich, a beautiful city full of amazing buildings, cafe's, markets, and smug arrogant mean people. We have also gone to Freudenstadt, which is only 15 minutes away anda beautiful town, Frankfurt to visit my cousin Susy. and Stuttgart.

Yesterday I was courageous enough to take Basti, my mom and I on a journey by train, and then subway connection to Wilhelma, which is a botanical garden and zoo. It was beautiful, but extremely stressful for me because I hate feeling lost and out of place. The day began with a flat stroller tire, which lead us to the baby store and then to a bike repair shop. My wonderful Husband, the multi-talented Dr.Niemann, repaired the leak and drove us to the neighboring train station to get out train. half an hour later we arrived to Stuttgart and wandered around the station looking for the subway.

After trying to figure out the map and which U14 to take, we scurried onto a finely packed can, also known as the UBahn. Apparently there is an unwritten codex of who to place a stroller in a ubahn, which I was unaware of, and still am, because many german mothers gave me an approving shake of the head. I pretended not to care, but inside I was a weeping child wanting my blankie and a warm bottle of milk. Its hard to pretend to be an adult that is confidente when you feel like you don't fill that role yet. I still feel like a kid playing with my mother's makeup....

Anyways, we finally arrived to Wilhelma and we amazed by its beauty. Basti was screaming and crying because he was hungry and tired. So we say on the grass (which Basti is petrified of!) and fed him. We walked around looking at the animals beautiful garden and buildings for hours, until Basti finally fell asleep and it was time to stuff ourselves back into the UBahn and take the train home.

On the way home I met the nicest person. She was ridding her bike with her family, and even though we only exchanged a few words she made me smile. It is so refreshing to find a friendly person. So thank you German mother of two I hope you made it safely to Rottweil!

Anyway...I'm sorry for the long post. If anyone read till the end..thank you I really appreciate it, truly thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment