Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Hello my name is Christine, and I am a compulsive person, obsessive about creating obsessions, and recently I have become obsessed with embroidery. However, I know that this will only be temporary. I want to end my bad habit of starting something with full force, and then after half way done not having the steam to finish it. I have thousands of stories that could be the next summer hit, but...never completed. Could it be because I am scared of what might or might not happen if I actually finish them? I guess I prefer to dream about the possibility than actually making it a reality. Things are changing though, and I believe it all has to do with my hair.

You are probably thinking I am crazy, and well yes, maybe a little. But I am the type of person that becomes more confident, sassier, depending on how I look. And with my new doo I feel liberated. I feel like my old creative self can breathe now. There was too much hair for my thoughts to get tangled in. No wonder I had so many knots.

So at the current moment, yes I am still making birds, and I am getting so used to making their little shapes that they are flying off the sewing machine. However, at the moments that I cannot be in front of my Bernina I am embroidering another bookmark. This one is about fish. I love fish. They are so graceful, calming, peaceful, and Basti was completely amazed by them when we went to Wilhelma. He would stand up against the glass and scream with excitement whenever a big fish would swim by.

This scene is of a fish calmly floating through the magnificent ocean, allowing the waves to carry her wherever they like. to their own rhythm, uninterrupted, at one with the beat and pace of her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment