Saturday, April 17, 2010

I have finished my fish pouch. At first I thought I would make another bookmark, but as everything I make the creation was destined to be something else. I had no control over it. It told me what it had to be, a pouch. It is large enough for glasses, scissors, pencils, brushes, or anything of that sort.


I used a different stitch as you can see on the drifter, that is what I call her. It is a whipped chain stitch and it was fun to do. Of course I had to watch the video over and over again, because I would forget how to put the thread. "Was it over and under or under and over?" I would continually ask myself. And actually with this item I finally found my niche. I love embroidery. I love story telling, and I love combining both.

On another note, I have come to realize that I have left my blue period and entered my red one. The color red has been all I desire. I used to dislike red things. I thought it was too much too common, but now red has become a beautiful lake that I swim in. It is funny how a simple color can become so complex. It describes all of my at the moment, all the colliding emotions, thoughts, dreams, desires. It full of energy, passion, anger, turmoil, screams of anxiety and unleashed the overload of whispers that scatter freely though my mind. Therefore I have decided to create more Red creations, which stands for Rising edifices of desire! The next creation is on a drawing of mine. A troll of sorts, but an uncommon type of troll. A troll that is friendly and helpful. A troll named Rodanan who desperately tries to befriend anyone and anything. However all the creatures are afraid of him because of his species.

Once I have a prototype of him I will show him off. He is quite the charmer once you get past the smell of rotting veggies.

I would love to hear what you think of the pouch!
Happy Spring all....happy spring

No comments:

Post a Comment