Saturday, January 30, 2010

Oh the pain

 
On Tuesday the vibrance of color, the perseption of the world, was modified. My whole existance became dull and stagnate. On Tuesday I found myself sobbing next to my son's play pen as he stopped playing and stared at me, for he had never heard be gasp for air. I was shaky, dizzy, lost within my own grief that my beloved aunt, my twin, had passed away.She had been in the ICU since her open heart surgery and after a brief improvement in her health the dreaded wolf took her. 
I had dreamt of this happening a few days before her operation, but disregarded my thoughts as me just worrying and being a pesimist. But the same image haunted me as the days went by. I saw my cousin crying her heart out saying " my mother has died." However, the day of the operation, I nervously had my phone next to me hoping that i would not recieve the dreaded phone call. 
After 7 hours of waiting my mother finally called. She sounded happy, and I instantly knew all was alright. I spoke to my uncle and he also sounded aliviated. So I told myself there was nothing to worry about and felt happy. Nevertheless, my concerns were still there. I kept on hearing my cousin in my head saying those words over and over again, and with every passing day I would call home to hear that she was still in the ICU that she was having some bad moments but overall she was fine. I knew it was not the case. I did not bother my uncle I knew he had to spend as much time with my aunt.
On Monday, I found myself sleepless and calling my mother at midnight here in Germany, but only 6pm in Colombia. I told her how I had been having a horrible feeling and she told me the same. That night I emailed my uncle telling how much I wanted him and my aunt to know that I was with them, that I loved them and how I wanted everything to be alright. I said " I know everything will turn out alright", I lied. I knew no such thing. I only dreamed that my aunt would be take back home. I wanted so deeply to believe my cousing and my uncle would have her for many more years.
But the next day, after trying to convince myself that I needed to be happy, calm for my aunt. I received the phone call....and I am still lost

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I recently lost my father and am living abroad so was also not able to be next to my father's side. Hope you find comfort in having loved her.

    take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I'm very sorry to learn about your loss.

    Be strong and take care.

    Katherine
    (saw your blog via EST team blog)

    ReplyDelete