Thursday, January 21, 2010

headach, cold, soup, and blindfold


Princess and the pea by Edmund Dulac
If I had to pick four words to describe my day they would be as mentioned in the title. Why you might ask would I pick those for words? Well......even though it is a secret I will explain a little. I woke with a horrible headache that began the previous night, grew while I "slept" (it is difficult to have a peaceful slumber when you have a headache), and festered when I woke up. Luckily my husband was nice enough to give Basti his breakfast. I finally forced myself to get out of bed, hoping it would not become a migraine and was greeted with the bitter coldness that is a German winter. I am still not used to the seasons.

Since I was and still am so terribly cold I decided to make ajiaco, which is a typical stew from Colombia. It was delicious, if I don't say so myself. As I continued to shiver throughout the day I drew something (the secretive part) that might or might not contain a blindfold, and might or might not be my husband's Valentines day gift and my new wall hanging, maybe....maybe not....you'll just have to wait and see. But if it were the case it is looking awesome!

On a sewing note (or stitch hehe...) I have sewn my Sweetie. She is now a 3d figure. However, she is still a white canvas. I believe that my tomorrow I will give her some features and a few hearts, maybe even a skirt.
I have also been added to the European street Etsy group and their blog. I am very excited to participate in their challenges. This week it is petite and cute. And I am a bit stumped. I was considering making a petite bear or a petite gnome.

I am in a mythological state of mind.

I have also decided to add a troll to the Alphamales, and maybe even unicorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment