Saturday, January 9, 2010

Learning how to make a doll


I have been thinking a lot about my personal project to create an abuelito doll, and the idea has turned into a new obsession. I have been looking a doll blogs, doll books, and there are some amazing  doll makers out there. I will be adding some to my great blog list. So far I have no idea how to sculpt the nose, and I keep on trying to figure out how these doll makers do it by looking at their photos. I guess I will just have to play around with it. However, I tend to be a fast pace type of person. I dislike starting  trying something and having to tear it off and start again! I am a first time around perfectionist, who is very impatient.

So I have been sketching some ideas for my abuelito doll, and he must have crooked glasses, big belly, high tailored pants, Blazer, slippers, grey balding head, a smile, and I am still deciding if he will have his crane or not.......

But anyways here is my sketch, what do you think? Any suggestions?

On another note, I am also working on a painted /embroidered version of my laugh through your teeth drawing that I posted yesterday. I hope it turns out how I see it in my mind.
I am also working on some Valentines day items (patterns, fabric valentines day letter)I will have them up soon. Hopefully my little one will let me get all these things done, and also I will be posting my tutorial on how to make a soft cover baby journal. I promise!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment