Thursday, May 20, 2010

spiralling

I think I am enjoying this cloth to cloth class way too much. All I think about is about making more and more weaved things. I have even come up with a list of items that I want to attempt to make. Also I have been thinking about mandalas, spirals, and labyrinths. I love there serenity, contemplation and meditation that they bring, and when combined with sewing that in itself is very soothing and calming, just seems to fit perfectly. I would like to create a healing cloth. A cloth mandala where I can expel and heal myself. I have too much stress in my system that is not only taking over my mind, my thoughts, but now my body. The night before last I was unable to sleep. I was tired, but sleepless. I felt nervous, anxious, short of breath, and with an aching body.
After tossing and turning, trying to relax my body I was finally able to fall asleep at five o'clock in the morning. The only good things is the whole time I was thinking about spirals....

Spirals spiraling down.
defying space, time,
coiling though my senses
and spreading deeper into my soul

2 comments:

  1. you're such a poetic person. Anyway, reading your posts relaxes me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a wonderful compliment. Thank you so much Missus D :) it is always a pleasure

    ReplyDelete