Friday, December 18, 2009

Something different



I apologize for not having the third novena pattern, but I had some very exciting news and the whole day, and thoughts were centered around it. My niece was born today! And I am so overjoyed with happiness, enthusiasm, drive, and the desire to create. So I wanted to share with you another way that I have expressed my desire to create, through pencil and paper. Here are a few drawings that I have done.

The first one was the first drawing that I had done after almost a year without drawing. I wanted to release my pent up desire that for some reason I could not transmit onto paper. I call it innards, since that is how I felt. I felt as if my soul were on fire and the only way to stop it from burning and turning into ash was by expelling the heat.
This drawing is of a woman waiting. She is "en espera" on hold. She is waiting for whatever needs to happen to happen.
And this final one is a photograph I took while studying photography. It was such a creatively rich time in my life. I had the idea of creating short stories of 1000 words for each photograph in my portfolio. This one is about a Argentine mistress. She is seductive, secretive, longed by all the sailors that greet her at the port, but only loved by one who in return she loves as well. The man she loves is a singer. The story is intertwined with a tango by Gardel. I have always loved the play of light and shadow on this photo.

I would love to hear what you have to think about my drawings and photograph. And I leave you with a question. What has inspired you today? To what extent would you release your crave to create and express yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment