Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Purrrrr from my Bernina....

I have finished my lion and it was a wonderful experience for many reasons. First because I was doing something I haven't done before, which was adding a main as an applique. Well, I had to attach that first logically, before sewing the other parts together. It was a tad bit difficult to not sew on top of the main when I had it inside out!! But I managed, and I am actually quite please with her.

While thinking her up I believed I would call her Lucy, however after she was stuffed and closed up she no longer looked like the Lucy I had imagined (Lucy was a big chocolate lab that my cousin used to have and I used to lovingly call her Lucifer. She was a very nice dog, but active as hell and had a wonderful fetish of biting toes.) She I decided to name Her Laura.

So let me introduce to you all Laura the lovely lion! She lives in Liberia and loves liquerish, lollipops and linguini. She enjoys the smell of lavenders and laughs quite loudly.

No comments:

Post a Comment