Monday, May 23, 2011

round and round...

This weekend we all went down to the black forest to celebrate the union of two dear friends. It was a lovely wedding, or at least the parts that I was able to enjoy (it is difficult to maintain a 2 year old sitting still for more than 10 minutes.) The reception was held up in the hills of the forest and the view was breathtaking.
We enjoyed the live music, delicious food, and good company and finally after a long night I, the pregnant designated driver drove though the dark forest with only the stars and my headlights to guide us home. Now that I am away from the forest I can enjoy the quietness and tranquility of this very living thing. I realized how alive it is while we were enjoying the fireworks. With each outburst the forest would respond with a loud roar. It was magical.
the little monster at 2 am....

4 comments:

  1. that little monster is quite handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handsome family and sweet little one you have there.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Tammy :)Sweet at moments monstrous at others :)

    ReplyDelete