Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am thankful....

Carmen, Clemencia, Cristina, Mom, Alvaro Abuelito, Abuelita
As the snow falls outside my windows I meditate on all that I am thankful for. I return to my favorite place, my memories, and smile, cry, and laugh at each and everyone. I am thankful to have such a wonderful family that loves me and held me and raised me. So many amazing women that each made me who I am today. My mom, who taught me to be strong, persistant, artistic, and caring. My Tia Clemencia gave me discipline, faith, an examplary mother and wife. My tia Cristina taught me to be forgiving, carefree, happy, joyful. My tia Carmen taught me to be myself, straight forward, bold, energetic, pensive. My tia Ma. Claudia, who gave me comfort when I really needed it. My Abuelita, who continues to be the majestic matron of the family, taught me patience, the magical quality of soft spoken words, music, liveliness.

The men in the family are all too important to not thank.
My tio Alvaro, my Abuelito, my tio Gabriel, my tio Juancho have all been my father, my friend. They have given me strength, compassion, and thousands of lessons f life, and how can I forget the uncontrolable laughter that they have all given me. Like when my Tio Gabriel got lost in the Disney parking lot. Or My tio Alvaro's famous "Yes or no Yes." Or Tio Juancho's new variation of the letter "if".

I have no way of thanking them all, except living my life they way they taught me. They are all the reason I smile.
Gracias a todos.

1 comment: