Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I hate winter.

I have several confessions. The first of many is, I hate winter. Maybe it has something to do that I have never bought the proper clothing to venture out into the world when everything is white. And maybe my severe morning sickness has a lot to do with it as well, because just looking at all that white makes me queasy.

And during is ever so cold and snowy winter I have been dreaming of green, warm, breezy days. I have been dreaming of my past life living as a child living in Naples Florida, waking up to the soothing salty air and rhythmic sound of the waves. Even though I do not want to live in Florida again I have realized that I need to be near water.

The other confession I have to make is that even though I can only stomach bread, pasta, cheese, and grapefruit juice I have been having this dying desire to cook and bake. Mind you my nose is so sensitive that I can be all the way in my bedroom and someone opens the kitchen door and I am able to smell every little spice and food item in there. My husband thinks I am insane, and well pregnant woman sometimes suffer from moments of insanity. I have even had dreams of taking cooking seriously and seeing where it takes me.

I have always wanted to have a little bistro and make cupcakes, and hot sandwiches, and milkshakes and .... but first I need to overcome this first trimester funk that I loathe and finally be able to return to the kitchen.

I have been setting my sewing aside, not because I am no longer passionate about it, but because the motion is too much for me at the moment. All I can muster is sitting, shifting, carfully walking to the bathroom and breathing. Ugh.

So those are my confessions. I have many dreams for this year to be great. 2010 was one of the worst years we have had and I believe with all my soul that 2011 will be much better. It has already started out with two new beginings. A new life and a new house in the country.

This city girl that moved to the country and became agoraphobic is now returning to the German country. A small village surrounded by woods with a little house next to a small creek is where we shall live. There will be a lot of renovating since it is an old house. The windows need to be replaced for more energy efficient ones. The electricity needs to be redone. The bathroom needs a major improvement since it is stuck in the 1930's when people only took weekly baths...The walls need to be painted. The floors need to be torn up and redone. Well there is a lot of work. And the Dr. has already begun his stressing out over how he is going to manage this since is wife is pregnant and cannot do so much.

We shall see how everything unfolds.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I didn't know you were pregnant again and I think it's very cool that you've found a house to call your own. You will probably come to love winter and 2011 will be the best year of your life - but you've got to let it be.
    All the best to you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Annie. :) Hopefully one day winter will be fun and joyous.

    ReplyDelete