Friday, November 5, 2010

the images of a dream

To dream a dream of paper and pen
a dream with smudges and lines
is a sweet dream for me.

 and at morning break
when my eyes are pierced by the sun rays
the pages remain stacked behind my eyelids
the charcoal remains untouched
and the lines kept straight
 but once the night comes again the artist returns to her stool
she lets the lines dance once again
leaving their mark in this world of hers
creating stillness with movement
creating life without breath
with smudges on her hands
 and with ease of mind.

To dream a dream of paper and pen
a dream with smudges and lines
is a sweet dream for me.

3 comments:

  1. the drawing of the hands caught my eye. my father always drew hands. even though the bottom hand has 5 fingers, I keep seeing it as though one is missing. nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, its because of the light pencil probably. This was done as a class assignment in my first drawing class...as I have said before I find hands fascinating. They say so much about the person don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're absolutely right. and I can usually identify a person I know by just seeing their hands.

    ReplyDelete