Sunday, September 5, 2010

Yesterday we decided to wander through our new city and discover its hidden wonders. 
We encountered many surprisingly beautiful sites, and some somber and sad. 
We wandered through a tunnel of red that lead us to a clash between the past and the present. 
I gazed at this once beautiful cathedral, that was now hollowed out and turned into a pizzeria where children played where the  faithful used to pray, and people drank wine where communion was once held. It made me think of many things. I thought of how this beautiful sanctuary was destroyed in the war and how there wasn't any money available to restore it. Then I thought of how faith is changing and transforming. I thought of how people now only believe in what can be proven by scientific facts, and how those findings are valid one moment and invalid the next.
We then continued on and encountered shopping streets full of closed stores, since it was Sunday, which were all post war constructions. They are boxy, characterless, and dull. I closed my eyes for a few seconds as I could hear the echoing of people walking down the cobblestone paths and I tried to imagine the splendid architecture that once was. There were only a few reminders of how beautiful this city must have been. One of those is the St. Ludwig Cathedral.
Once at home, I was searching through my fabrics to recreate such a exhilarating journey.
And as I beagn to piece together a tale of a wanderer, I began to question the idea of dimensions. What if we were able to dangle and peek through a different dimension that was unfamiliar to us. 
What if this wanderer was a dimensional wanderer trying to discover space and time through their own desires?
Thus the wanderer dangles through our dimension questioning, and making me question as well. How would he view this life?  

No comments:

Post a Comment