Tuesday, September 28, 2010

strange how one can adapt

 
it is strange how i have gotten used to not having a space of my own. I lived for so long in another person's space I got used to collecting my things every day and storing them in bags. It is quite an emotional venture to actually hang things on walls, organize things how you want them and trying to not think about how that will not be the permanent spot. I have to keep on telling myself, " Its ok, these are your walls. you are staying here until You want to leave." It actually feels surreal to have furniture again, and unearth forgotten pictures. 
Those masks on the wall are from our wedding, back in 2007. 

2 comments:

  1. i lived alone for ten years between the death of my sweet first husband and my second happy marriage... i have to say i loved having the freedom to think only of myself. i put things where i wanted them and kept the house the way i wanted it. it was nice to have that time of no compromise.... so enjoy it while you have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes I will. It was very difficult because we were living in my inlaws house with no money and sometimes it felt like we did not have a future to dream of. But I am so thankful that now my family and I have our own place, our own home.

    It just takes a while to let go of asking for permission to be yourself. That is what I have forgotten, to be myself. I have forgotten the things that I like. It was a very dark time.

    ReplyDelete