Monday, September 20, 2010

fall in the forest

I returned to the forest to witness once again the changing landscape. To me it is God's constant canvas. The skies were clear. The wind was cool and comforting. The fields were waves of colors. Some were cut wheat brown, others dark manure brown, and a couple deep grass green. As I walked my familiar path of memories of the little village I looked for other colors.
Red poppies, all in their different stages of life reminded me of my dear Poppy as a young dog, an aging dogand a spirit that plays among us. 
 
Light pink roses, marked by the harsh weather of the changing season reminded me of the peaks and valleys while I lived among them.
The golden, rotting, and fallen apple made me think of the unity and individuality of us all. 
And finally the melodic, peaceful, beautiful dew drops that shine a million colors. The little sunshine capsules. The holders of forever light.

3 comments:

  1. I tried to send this email to you but it bounced!...

    Hi Christine!

    Thanks for taking the time to read my blog! I’ve looked at your website and Etsy store and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you’re doing. Don’t stop. Don’t let life (work, children, husband, house, health, anything) cause you to put it down. I love the magical stories you weave around your creations too. What a unique and beautiful talent. And, keep creating on impulse. Just my advice for what it’s worth. 

    We’re wonderful. Loving Colombia for the most part and feeling like it’s home. Everyone has had their share of bugs but getting acclimated takes time. Glad to hear that you’re settling in in Germany.

    Come see us!

    Create your life,

    annie!

    www.bohemiannieart.blogspot.com
    www.bohemiannieart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie! I most definitely will not stop. For me creating is like breathing. I have to! Thank you for such a beautiful comment :) Since Michael is working as a consultant I am not sure when we will be able to go to Colombia. Nos definitely for Christmas of 2011. The family agreed that every uneven year we all come together and celebrate Christmas together. So at least then i will go and visit.

    I hope you and Hillary will some day SOON be able to come to Germany. I really miss you guys and our crafting days.

    Take care. Te deseo lo mejor! And if you ever need a helping hand my mother is in Bogota, I can always give you the info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just read your response on jude's site and had to come discover who you are! these words you wrap around your images are so poetic. i love reading them. your fiber work is fabulous also.. your friend above advises you to never stop. i concur. you have so very much to give from what i can see here. i have joined your blog as a follower so i will be seeing you regularly...and with joy!

    ReplyDelete