Friday, April 15, 2011

Eine kleine puppe für eines kleines Mädchen

Forgive my German grammar. I always forget which case ending to use after prepositions or even without prepositions.... It has been a while since I have been nose deep into linguistics and word trees and heavy books filled with what look like mathematical formulas but instead are detailed views of sentences...Oh those days were so much fun. How I love linguistics. But now on to other things that might interest any of you that still might come by and are tired of me complaining. I have created my rag doll.

I am still in the stuffing phase. But I had to give you a peek at what she looks like all flattened out. My favorite part is her hair. I love the uneven, mismatched colored strands of hair.
I also enjoy her black on one side white on the other legs. For newborn eye development and entertainment.
I think her simple embroidered face is sweet and nother too scary or dramatic that might cause infant nightmares.
And I think having her bottom brandedwas the way to go. This way there is no confusion as to whom she belongs. I also added a loop on her back so that she can dangle from te air and gaze down at Sarah.
I quite enjoyed making her and still have to stuff and dress her. Her dress will have a checkered heart in the middle and a parted rounded collar. This will be my first ever dress I will make. Here is hoping it turns out alright.

More updates to come.
What do you think of my little rag doll? Does she need a name?

2 comments:

  1. Wooni,
    your doll es tan linda.........
    i love the yellow cloth dot decorations
    I love the blue above her eyes.
    I love those big eyes!
    I wonder if Sarah will choose a name for
    her in time...?
    I will return to see her completed :* )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cristina. Hopefully she wil give the doll a name :)

    ReplyDelete