Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Shop update

My past attempts to become a successful selling artist have failed. The only reasons I can come up with are either because of lack of people who are aware of my work and lack of interest towards my work (of course including a probable dislike towards my work as well). So I will attempt again with new items and see if I am luckier and able to tell all those who doubted, and still do, to sod off.


There are several pieces I am working on. I am finishing up The heart from within. I have also had a recent love for owls. I encountered, thanks to a fellow Boro student, the words of Ann Wood. Her owls and papier mache are amazing. My son has been intrigued by owls for a long time now. I believe it is their eyes.So in honor of these night guardians, I have made a cloth. I had children in mind.




3 comments:

  1. Your owl is delightful Christine! And DON'T give up...your work WILL sell. It's too wonderful not to. Just please don't tell me to sod off if I only admire from afar!!!

    Try flickr groups.

    Come see us.
    annie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....you never doubted me. I tell the ones who have doubted me to sod off Never you!!!!

    We are planning a trip to Bogota in December. Hopefully we will have enough funds. Maybe you could come to Bogota :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi wooni!
    i love the owl details, especially
    the beak!
    gracias for your enthusiasm
    on my doll... i, too have had a hard time
    selling my handmade cosas (on etsy)...
    creating them remains fun, fun, fun and
    thanks to our cwb class there is more to come!
    i lived in quito, ecuador with my family when i
    was young (teens). my father traveled south america
    extensively .... so lovely!
    i am going to keep watch on your shop :* )

    ReplyDelete