Wednesday, March 30, 2011

An elephant out of cloth

Finally, after a year of feeling like a looser, unaccomplished, talentless hausfrau, I finally sold a piece. Granted maybe it feels not as amaying because it is to a family memeber, but as a gift to a little girl. However, it is sold and will soon be on its way to the big economic capital of Germany, Frankfurt.

It is one of my mandala elephants, and this one speaks of fire, strenght, persistence. Itseems now logical that this one should be the first one to sell.




As requested I added the little girls name inbright colors and finisehd the embroidered bits and pieces.



I also add three haning elephant medallions to give it that mobile look. However, this piece is not to be played with, only looked at.



And to finish it off I added a branch from the Pfalz forest wrapped in dyed wool.

Any thoughts on this piece are more than welcome, and I appologize for the not so good picture quality. After my son decided to play with the camera, especially the eye, the camera no longer focuses as precisely as before.

2 comments:

  1. Cheers to you again Wooni!
    Glad a came for a visit here, because now
    I can see those 3 red decorations up close and
    now I see the elephants. lovely!
    I still wait on pins and needles to sell a hand made
    cosa, in my shop. . . When i made my first sale, a cloth
    book mark I jumped for joy!
    Much happiness to you and many more sales!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Cristina.It is very exciting to have made something that someone else wants :)

    ReplyDelete