Saturday, October 9, 2010

a last farewell

a sorrow so deep
a sorrow so wide
I had never meant,
nor intended
for you to feel
oh how I wish I could have just stopped
put a holder on time
turned the switch off
but the flow has reached the broken damn
and my wishes have been swept away
for another more fortunate
a young one with dreaming eyes
and a heart that floats with wings
oh how I wished hard and long
I only wanted for you to live a long and happy life
to watch your hair turn grey
but now my beloved tocaya here you are
inside that box that encases your everything
your breath
your sighs
your laughter
your cries
your thoughts
your dreams
I know you are let down
I know you want to scream and be heard
but all that is left now is silence
all I can hear is your silence that deafens me.
And all I can say is forgive me
forgive me for my absense
forgive me so that I may stop crying
forgive me so that I can release your ghost
forgive me so that all that happiness that I had wished for you
may fall upon me
one day
oh just one day of happiness
for you and me
maybe that day we shall meet
in my dreams
once again
and look through the kitchen window...

a last farewell to my beloved aunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment