Friday, August 6, 2010

The wordsmith

I have been occupying myself, quite steadily, with stitching and creating. It helps me meditate, contemplate, surrender my helpessness to a thing that I can mold and transform.
Because I am not a time traveler or a space bender, the only way I can travel into another space is through books. 
I love books. I love turning their pages, smelling their woody scent and feel their rough texture as the words seep into my eyes and carry me away. However those words sometimes seem to evade me. Therefore I created the wordsmith. A creature that holds on to those words and repeats them when I need them. A master of tongues. A being of delight who can rhyme and sing and chant along with me. My travelling companion. 
The patchwork design is from Jude Hill´s patchwork beast class, it is her bear. And since she has been a wonderful mentor, teacher, and companion I wanted to honor her with, in some way, being my traveler, my wordsmith.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful and wonderful way to crate a personal story in cloth. and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All beautiful...all well said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the expression on your wordsmith Wooni...

    ReplyDelete