Wednesday, August 18, 2010

City sentiment

It is difficult thing to move house with a little bundle of energy. My son wants to get into anything and everything and my dog is a nervous mess and does not want that bundle of energy near him....so the solution is to stay away in one room while the Dr. renovates....Its horrible to feel so useless. I want to be able to help, but how can I let my son be in a room with painting fumes or little screws? ugh....horrible. We are moving at snail pace. We have been here for several days and the only functioning thing is the internet and bathroom. Our meals consist of either frozen pizza or...nothing.  I have preferred nothing many times.

However, I have been reminded why living in a city is so wonderful. You can find everything and anything. You encounter strange characters and feel like you are living in a story book. Also i have found that five minutes away, walking, there is a beautiful Victorian park with a petting zoo, aviary, restaurant, and hundreds of acres of green...Oh it is beautiful. I have walked through there many times just imagining what it must have been like when it was first created. I have entered a Victorian state of mind. Our building was built 1911, so it is only fitting that I enquirer about its era...

well back to being useless...

No comments:

Post a Comment