Thursday, July 22, 2010

A more professional me

As I am starting to find my path and my own rythm to walk to, I havealso decided to change things aound here. As I said months ago it is now time to take my art seriously. I now call myself an artist. I now have two shops. So it is not my profession. I am in love with my work. I have accepted the fact that I need to create art to survive. It is as necessary as breathing. Without it I feel suffocated.

Interesting enough as I came to this realization, I encountered a similar but vastly different individual that also felt the same impulsive push towards art, Her name is Seraphine Louis. A french woman who lived from 1864 till 1942. For years she hid her art from others. She was a poor woman, from apoor background, who worked in a convent in Clermont. She created her paints from plants, candel wax that were used in the church, and animal´s blood. Her paintings had floral themes, but are far from boring still life´s in my opinion.
Here is an example of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment