Thursday, June 10, 2010

Moving to the city

I am currently in the search for a new home, that is why I have been very absent here. That and I burnt my hand while cleaning pots and pans. A burner was on the whole time we were enjoying lunch and a pot cover was nicely nestled on the hot burner. Well, I did not realize it was hot until it was stuck to my thumb, index and middle fingers. The glue was boiling and oozing and held on tightly. Maybe it was a plea of "please do not put me back on the burner!" Either way I was in horrible pain, and my mother in law, who is a woman that can withstand any type of pain, was amazed I could be in so much pain.

Either way my hand is back to its regular functionality, thank god! And I have been using it avidly to search through the city for a livable place. I had forgotten what it is like to leave within the beast. It is a hot, sticky creature that swells with aggressive and arrogant tendencies. And to think I used to be one of its followers. People can tell you are not part of their clan and boy... it is not a good feeling to not belong. Either way it was an experience to realize it is difficult if not impossible to find a place with a bit of green in the city. So we are off this Friday to a small town close by where the beast and its clan of followers can be at bay, and only occasionally feel their burning looks. I know I am exaggerating. I met nice people there of course, and saw nice parks and wonderful shops, and cafes...mmm yum!

Here is my newest tale in progress. The blooming Ruler.
Hidden within the woods, surrounded by frost and cloaked by shade
a young servant unwilling to serve the malice that hovers above him commences the shift.
On a cold dewy day the servant digs into the moist soil.
He whispers his desires to the earth.
He wishes for a ruler that will grow and reign the woods fairly, and provide them with what they need.
The Sun looks down mystified by the young servant. He too feels the shift
The earth nourishes the wish.
The sun warms the air and fosters the kingdom.

The ruler and his companion appear sleepy and awaiting.
They wait for the moment when change is most needed.
And as the frost and shade begins to disperse, the servant watches as the Ruler spreads his leaves.
Change has finally come.
And all can feel it in the air.
Long live the earthy king.

No comments:

Post a Comment