Saturday, June 19, 2010

The journey continues on...

It appears there is more to this monster and just ugliness. Jude has been asking some very interesting questions. " what if the teeth of this beast were used in some symbolic way?" She asked and I do believe my subconscious came up with this image for a reason. So why not explore the meaning behind it more in depth...


I began to think what do teeth represent. I thought food, chomping, tearing, aggression. Then I remembered that hunters would collect teeth of the hunted as a souvenir. So could it be a symbol for strength, even a beings spirit. If you do not have teeth you can no longer hurt or eat, or show your strength to others.  What if the girl were the monster's hunter? What if she collects his teeth and absorbs his strength? What if she becomes the next monster? Not in a bad way, but instead she becomes the powerful one in the gleaming city of hope. What if then she were able to achieve what she wanted? Would she then become who she has always wanted to be? What if the monster helped her unleash her truth? Her true self?

What if the monster continued to appear during her journey? What if he appeared to give her strength and confidence? As another fellow student suggested maybe the monster is my animal totem.

Now on a more sewing what if..what if I add arrows and a view of the gleaming city of hope around the border or maybe even clues of where the city is?....Wow...I love the journey that I am taking in this soft world of fabric and thread...What else will I encounter?

No comments:

Post a Comment