Saturday, June 18, 2011

Back to my roots





I have realized how I have been limiting myself, out of fear of it not looking pretty enough, wasting fabric, people not liking it. And I have decided that in this new place, my own place in this world, I will not be limiting myself anymore. I will allow myself to doodle and make mistakes.
This sunflower is the beginning of this liberating phase. I enjoy black lines on white fabric. I enjoy coloring in. And each petal represents a different stance, mood, emotion, thought, that have brought me here. ANd autobiographical flower.



The doodles are part of en exercise of allowing my hands to move freely and just do what they want. No thinking involved. No planning.



I believe I will just do some heavy embroidery in that one square. I am not sure though if it will stay with the sunflower. Probably not....

6 comments:

  1. I like the way your flower looked at Sew, and now I like it even more, knowing that it is your Becoming~Free Flower. Your Wooni~Unlimited Flower. Saluting your fresh blossoming liberation! xxxj

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is wonderful, the piece, the process, the thoughts behind it all. i am inspired by your freedom of fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a rite of passage for you in many ways then...I love it, just said so on Sew..and so LOL will watch it progress and wish you luck en route gal!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and the exercise and the freedom you are feeling from this .. good stitching and mark making to you !!

    ReplyDelete