Friday, June 18, 2010

The monster in my mind

I know the pictures are terrible. I just do not have the right lighting or the right area where I can take pictures at the moments. As I wrote before we will be moving to the city. And also as I said before I have always seen the city as a monster that can eat away your individuality. You become part of a massive crowd and move like one act like one. You begin to see outsiders as odd, when in reality you are the odd one who no longer thinks about your individuality. I am exagerating. It all has to do with the story I am creating for the Spirit Cloth class with the wondrous Jude Hill.

A young girl travels to the city where she believes she will find her purpose and happiness. She is convinced the city is the place to be. All the signs point towards the city. They all anounce how glorious and luxurious life will be once she gets there. It even seems as if the path were leading her straight to her destination.


However, once she gets close she is surrounded by shadows, that usually seems scary and dark, almost impenetrable. But this time she can see their eyes. They look in horror what lies ahead. They begin to whisper  No don,t go. It is a trick. Open your eyes. Look ahead. It is a trick. And so she does. She looks straight ahead and she sees the truth.

What lies ahead is not the gleaming city of hope, but instead a hungry monster staring down at her with hunger. He is angry that she has opened her eyes and seen reality.
the faceless (as of yet) girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment